Saturday, October 27, 2012

Kitchen, Stairs and a Broken Arm

What a week of drama. Everything had started to settle down, the electrical rough in was done, Rob was finally starting to spend some time with the girls again and then he broke his arm.
 
He is a lucky, lucky man, it could have been a lot worse. After falling 5 metres from the top of a telegraph pole after it collapsed he could have had more broken bones, or hit his head.  A week has passed since Rob's accident and we (or he) is finding his way with one arm. In the meantime, he isn't going to be installing any lights in the house. 

Rob's accident left me rather busy with keeping the house going and along with the ensuing sleep deprivation, I lost my building mojo. There was too much else to think about and the move in date (30 November) now seemed like a distance memory.  I drifted into kitchen week without much care for the work being done on the build.  That was until I saw this....


Kitchen Wonderland
No more stacking trays, pots and appliances in one cupboard in this kitchen
 
Stone benchtops are arriving next week
The gleaming white soft closing doors of our spangly new kitchen instantly rejuvenated my building mojo.  That night I found myself saying to Rob, 'so, what do we need to do to make the 30th of November happen?'.   The boys at K and B Designer Kitchens (yes - they are that good I felt that I should give them a plug) did a fantastic job. 

The stairs and the bathrooms have also been progressed this week.  The spotted gum stairs look incredible. The hallway up to the top pavilion is now my favourite space in the house.

A staircase that glows
  The main entry staircase is beautiful, but not as awesome as the one above.

I'll get fit carrying the groceries up this one!
The tiling in the bathrooms seems to have been taking forever. I have a feeling that I chose rather heavy tiles that need to be progressively tiled up the walls as the tiler has been here for almost a week.  The main bathroom looks okay, but will need the fittings to make it come alive. 



The ensuite uses the same tiles, but up the wall.  I spent an absurd amount of time procrastinating about it and ended up taking a leap of faith. Rob came down from the build after seeing the tiles for the first time, he wasn't convinced that it looked good.  But...I think it looks AWESOME!

Glam! Can't wait to see the white tiles go up on the other walls

No comments:

Post a Comment