Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dream Kitchen 2

I possess a personality trait that can sometimes be rather frustrating.  I am a procrastinator. The amount of thought that I give any single decision is staggering.  Place that amount of procrastination in a mixing bowl with interior design and a building project and you end up with one big melting pot of ideas, but no decisions. 

A perfect example - Coastal Tiles has a file on me, yes I have made so many different selections of tiles for the bathrooms that date back over a year that the lovely gentlemen at the store has a little laugh each time he opens the folder which keeps hold of my tile procrastination.  

So without further ado I expose the extent of my procrastination to the world and share my alternative kitchen.  Can you help end the procrastination??

Kitchen will still have the same base.  White with a spotted gum floor
My alternative design is based around a pop of lime green in the splashback for the kitchen (120cm wide), and potentially under the front of the island bench. The colour is lively, modern - but likely to date (doesn't everything).  The lime green could also feature in the wall behind my in kitchen desk, or inside the cupboard for the coffee machine.





Stools for Island Bench
White pendant lights
The main reason for my kitchen procrastination (other than the fact that it will set the tone for the entire house) is the need to blend the open plan dining/lounge area in with the kitchen.  I need to choose a dining table, chairs and pendant light for the dining space.  Chairs......

OR
 Potential dining table options...







and the pendant over the dining table


It is an entirely different look to the kitchen in my previous post. The first kitchen is moodier, more industrial and based on white, timber and black. I have had difficulty trying to put together a dining room to blend with Option 1. Option 2 has been easier, the concept is more retro, beachy perhaps and brighter.  Question is which one to choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment