Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dream Kitchen Design

Designing the kitchen for the house has been lots of fun. I've looked at hundreds of pictures, kept plenty for my scrapbook and pinned some favourites to my Pinterest page.  Once I'd chosen the charcoal, timber, white and steel theme for the interior design for the house, my kitchen ideas became more focused.  I was keen on a split colour scheme in the kitchen cupboards for a while, a combination of grey and white. But we've opted for classic white on white, conservative but flexible.  The final order for the cabinets went in on Monday, so now it is time to piece the rest of the kitchen together.  I'm not quite sure how to describe the style - retro/industrial/modern?

Floorplan...



What do you think of these ideas?


Picture from Zealsea Timbers - Our floor will be the same and the cupboards and benchtop will be similar
Image from Doherty and Lynch.   I love the use of the timber flooring on the island bench
Funky pendant light from Beacon Lighting - Three of these along the Island Bench
Or maybe these ones?
Pete Evans Sink by Clark
Funky Gessi Mixer Tap that I bought online for a third of the Australian price!
I have no idea what to do with the splashback and plan to figure that out once the kitchen is installed.  We've collected the appliances over the last 12 months.  I can't wait to use the fabulous oven that won't burn the food anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment