Monday, July 9, 2012

Bathroom Inspiration

My serious addiction to home magazines is fed by my desire to open the glossy pages and find the perfect interior design for the house that I can just copy and get on with something else.  It hasn't happened so I've put in some serious hours of procrastination over the style of the bathroom.  I view the bathroom and kitchen as spaces which set the tone for the whole house, so seeking out a bathroom style on a budget to suit my interior dreams has been a challenge.

Putting the bathroom design together started out with coloured feature walls, mosaic tiles and fancy taps.  A bit like this one!

Eco style, mosaic feature panel and timber (Home Beautiful)


Our tile budget is meant to be $30 per square metre. I visited the tile shop in July 2011 for this style and quickly realised that it wasn't going to happen. Mosaics = $360 per square metre. Mmmm.....

I went back to the drawing board.  Round two in January 2012 was all about using large feature tiles to create something special. I fell in love with the tiles that one of the teams on the Block used last year ($129/m2).


Matrix tile in white
A few months later, I have evolved the interior style for the whole house, settling on a palette of white, grey, timber and stainless steel. 

Now for some more inspiration....


Ensuite will be like this, minus the bath and with a flat glass shower screen


An 'I wish' beautiful bathroom

A little bit of timber, white walls and grey floors.  Looks fantastic!

Lots and lots of procrastination over this one! I just can bring myself to buy something that I haven't seen in person

Caroma Aura freestanding bath - Main Bathroom
(In white, in both ensuite and main bathrooms)
Minimalist tapware
After deciding the custom made vanities would be too expensive, we decided to make our own little features like Sophie and Dale's bathroom - step under the vanity and a timber seat next to the bath.




Can't wait to see what it looks like!






No comments:

Post a Comment