Thursday, August 1, 2013

Demo Day is on the Horizon

The shack is going to meet it's untimely end. Or perhaps many would consider it timely! 

 We have engaged a demolition company to remove the shack in it's entirety, including all 200 sq metres of asbestos. There will be no working bees to get the job done. Hooray!!

The memories of living in the shack are fading fast. I can't believe that we lived in it for three whole years. Such. A. Long. Time. 

The smell inside the shack is now bordering on unbearable and I hold my breath when I go in to get something. I don't even know what makes that smell. Rats, mustiness, damp, dust, mould? Ancient history?

I revisited my D Day post this week and had a read of how I felt when we first moved in to the new house. It was an incredible reminder of how special it was and how hard earned too. It gave me a big kick to appreciate everything more and slow down a bit to enjoy it. 

I will certainly be enjoying the demolition of the shack and there will be a video to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment