Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Transformation from Building Site to a Home

The transformation is almost complete.  The build is becoming a house.  We are even calling it the house now instead of 'the build'.  The last week and a half has seen the painting inside finished and the floor polished.  One of the most awaited features completed is the timber lining under the island bench.  It looks incredible! Perhaps not to the taste of all onlookers, but I am really happy with it.  The only tasks left now are the carpet, hot water, kitchen and laundry taps, some more decking and painting on the outside and an eternity of landscaping (lucky I like to garden!).
 
I feel as though we are starting to reclaim the site as our own rather than the domain of the construction crew.  A family working bee organised by Rob's uncle Ian transformed the site from rubbish dump to a site ready for rehabilitation.  I can't thank you enough Ian and all of Rob's family who worked so hard on the day.  
 
The peace and serenity will return soon and Rob and I will remember why we chose to take this opportunity.  A complete revolution in lifestyle is about to occur and I'm ready for the ride.
 
It's time to show you the inside....

Entry Stairwell - Time for shoes off

Lounge and kitchen. It's white, white and white and I love it!
 Especially after three years of beige, beige, beige.
Completely awesome! Silver stools will be the way to go
Kitchen with cookbooks pending

Beautiful floors, I think we'll become shoe free!

Kids family room ready for toys

I wasn't brave enough to paint the hallway green.  I think some great artwork will do the trick.
Pretty Pink at the end of the hallway

Staircase looks fantastic!
 
The outside still needs some work - balustrade is due in two more days.
Seven days to go!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment